Participation record in Sacyr iChallenges 2019 with 192 ideas
• This open innovation program seeks to collaborate with several bodies of the innovative ecosystem to solve different sectoral challenges.
The second edition of the Sacyr iChallenges program has had an excellent reception and has concluded the proposal registration phase with a total of 192 ideas received, more than double that of the previous edition, which had 79.
The group launched four business challenges to the innovative ecosystem in this edition of Sacyr iChallenges:
• Smart Business Development: A technological solution that, by gathering the information available on the network, allows the early identification of new business opportunities for the turnkey construction of industrial plants.
• Digitalization of occupational safety: A technological solution that helps employees and work supervisors prevent in real time the occupational safety risks that may arise during its implementation.
• Social and remote care: A technological solution with a social approach that provides added value to be able to monitor the routines of dependent people in real time and remotely, in order to offer users well-being and peace of mind to their families.
• Smart tolls: New ways of automatic detection and classification of types of vehicles for toll collection that make the current process more efficient and adds value for users, public administrations and Sacyr.
This year Sacyr iChallenges has also broadened the spectrum of innovative bodies with whom to co-create to consolidate it as a benchmark program for open innovation. The program is open to proposals from large companies, technology firms, joint ventures, research centers, universities, start-ups, etc.
The projects will now be valued by Sacyr’s key personnel responsible for the different business areas. Then an initial selection will be made from all the ideas of those proposals that are more attractive and have the potential to become collaborative innovation projects. These initiatives will be presented at the Sacyr Digital Day, that will be held at Sacyr’s Madrid headquarters in October.
In addition, the best solutions to the challenges posed will opt for the Sacyr Awards for Innovation, which will be awarded in November.
The Sacyr iChallenges program offers the innovative ecosystem the opportunity to work hand in hand with Sacyr experts, access to the network of customers and suppliers of this infrastructure company and setting up strategic win-win relationships.
This initiative is one of the pillars of the company's innovation and digital transformation strategy. Sacyr has been identifying and developing solutions applicable to its business processes with external innovators for over a decade.
More information at: www.sacyrichallenges.com