Carbon Disclosure Project recognizes Sacyr for its environmental management and performance
- CDP recognizes Sacyr’s efforts in the fight against climate change, awarding the company an A- for its strong commitment and compliance with management and governance criteria.
Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) has awarded Sacyr an A rating in environmental management and performance. CDP is a non governmental organization that discloses information about the environmental management and performance of more than 10 000 companies, cities, states, and regions around the world.
CDP has recognize d Sacyr ’s leadership in the fight against climate change given its strong commitment and compliance with management and governance criteria.
The rating obtained, the second highest, underscores Sacyr ’s commitment to the fight against climate change, positioning it as one of the core concepts in the company’s vision for the future and part of its new 2021 2025 strategic plan
The rating process involves assessing the thoroughness of disclosure and the awareness and management of the environmental risks and best practices associated with environmental leadership such as establishing ambitious and meaningful goals
In Sacyr ’s determination to play an active role in the fight against climate change, the company has recently approved its Anti Climate Change Strategy and focuses its efforts on:
- Being carbon neutral by 2050 with the intermediate step of reducing directemissions 25% by 2025;
- Assessing and monitoring 37 identified climate risks and opportunities;
- Defining and implementing action plans for the management of climate risks and opportunities;
- Defining science based emission reduction targets for approval by the SBTi initiative in 2021.
- Tr aining and raising awareness about mitigati ng and adapting to climate change
CDP is a non profit organization that manages one of the most comprehensive and internationally recognized sustainability reporting platforms
It works on behalf of investors who represent 106 billion dollars in assets and about one third of the world’s invested capital. Ratings published by CDP allow these investors to confirm that companies are incorporating sustainability into their business strategies and practices so they can assess the climate risk of their portfolios.