Sacyr Engineering and Infrastructures subscribed a €4.1 billion order intake in 2021

  • 48% of this order intake comes from Sacyr’s P3s, which are subject to meticulous cost analysis and risk control.

Sacyr Engineering and Infrastructures increased its ratio of project awards in 2021, reaching an order intake worth €4.1 billion, as per the roadmap set out in the 2021-2025 Strategic Plan. The order intake in 2020 was slightly greater than €2 billion.

Of the contracts awarded last fiscal year, €3.3 billion come from contracts awarded and signed in 2021. Some relevant examples are the A-21 beltway in Turin, Italy; the second runway at Jorge Chavez airport in Lima, Peru; energy efficiency improvements at the University of Idaho P3, USA; the expansion of the 12 de Octubre Hospital in Madrid, Spain; or the enlargement of the RSC-287 highway in Brazil.

Additionally, the Engineering and Infrastructures division won three highway contracts in Texas and Florida, USA; two contracts for Amazon; several high-speed rail sections for Adif in Spain; and the construction of the new Buin Paine Hospital in Chile.

Moreover, Sacyr’s construction subsidiary has other contracts awarded in 2021 but are pending signature in the coming weeks, valued at €811 million. These include the Ruta 78 Santiago-San Antonio, in Chile.

P3 business area

48% of Sacyr’s contract awards in 2021 were projects with recurring income and located in stable markets from Sacyr Concesiones, Sacyr’s P3 business division. The remaining 52% came from direct award contracts. The projects have undergone a meticulous cost analysis before formalizing the contracts, paired with thorough control risk and a rigorous management process during its execution.

Some hallmarks of Sacyr Engineering and Infrastructures in the 2021-2025 Strategic Plan are the care to ensure the successful construction of the projects, the balance of rights and obligations between the parties, compliance with deadlines, and quality execution.

High-value assets

Within the framework of this strategy, some feats are worth noting, such as the award of large-scale P3s in the USA, Italy, Chile, and Brazil, which have generated high-value assets for the group; the increase in the volume of contracts in Spain, both in construction and civil works; and the consolidation in markets with new strategic projects, like Peru, Canada, and Portugal.

We use our own and third party cookies for analytical purposes. Click on HERE for more information. You can accept all cookies by clicking the "Accept" button or set them up or refuse their use by clicking.

Cookie declaration

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be disabled in our systems. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.

Name Provider Purpose Expiration Type
LFR_Sesión_STATE_* Liferay Manage your session as a registered user Session HTTP
GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID Liferay Determines the language with which it accesses, to show the same in the next session 1 year HTTP
ANONYMOUS_USER_ID Liferay Manage your session as an unregistered user 1 year HTTP
COOKIE_SUPPORT Liferay Identifies that the use of cookies is necessary for the operation of the portal 1 year HTTP
JSesiónID Liferay Manages login and indicates you are using the site Session HTTP
SACYRGDPR Sacyr Used to manage the cookie policy Session HTTP

These cookies allow us to count visits and sources of circulation in order to measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most or least popular, and see how many people visit the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.

Name Provider Purpose Expiration Type
_gat Google It is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites Session HTTP
_gid Google It is used to store and update a unique value for each page visited Session HTTP
_ga Google This is used for statistical and analytical purposes for increasing performance of our Services Session HTTP