Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) has awarded Sacyr an A- rating in environmental management and performance. CDP is a non-governmental organization that discloses information about the environmental management and performance of more than 10,000 companies, cities, states, and regions around the world.
CDP has recognized Sacyr’s leadership in the fight against climate change, given its strong commitment and compliance with management and governance criteria.
The rating obtained, the second highest, underscores Sacyr’s commitment to the fight against climate change, positioning it as one of the core concepts in the company’s vision for the future and part of its new 2021-2025 strategic plan.
The rating process involves assessing the thoroughness of disclosure and the awareness and management of the environmental risks and best practices associated with environmental leadership, such as establishing ambitious and meaningful goals.
In Sacyr’s determination to play an active role in the fight against climate change, the company has recently approved its Anti-Climate Change Strategy and focuses its efforts on:
• Being carbon neutral by 2050, with the intermediate step of reducing direct emissions 25% by 2025;
• Assessing and monitoring 37 identified climate risks and opportunities;
• Defining and implementing action plans for the management of climate risks and opportunities;
• Defining science-based emission reduction targets for approval by the SBTi initiative in 2021.
• Training and raising awareness about mitigating and adapting to climate change.